I just finished writing the Bed Bug Battle Plan because getting rid of bed bugs and keeping your home free from bed bugs is a battle…with a very small, blood-sucking enemy. Make no mistake, bed bugs are tough combatants: they wear tough armor, attack under cover of darkness, employ chemical weapons to numb your skin and cause your blood to flow, retreat to the most difficult to find locations, can survive without food for as long as 550 days, and lay 200 to 500 eggs that hatch in about 10 days. The good news, if there is any, is that bed bugs are not known to transmit human diseases.
One more bit of good news: you can win the battle against bed bugs as long as you have the right reinforcements.
According to the University of California Agriculture & Natural Resources, “Although over-the-counter pesticide products that have ‘bed bug control’ written on the label can be found on store shelves, they generally are not recommended. Performance of these products under actual field conditions is not known. If you need to use a pesticide, you are better off hiring a licensed, professional pesticide applicator with experience in treating bed bugs.”
A licensed, professional pest control company is your best ally in eliminating bed bugs from your dwelling. The Bed Bug Battle Plan outlines—
- How to identify bed bugs
- What to look for in a pest control company
- The best practices used by bed bug experts
- The pros and cons of the three major extermination techniques
- What you need to do to prepare for bed bug treatment
- How to de-bug personal items not typically treated by a pest control company
- Ways to avoid future bed bug infestations
- Travel tips to help you remain bite free
- And much more!